I’d like to invite you all to join me in my new online training course with O’Reilly Media called “Building a Cloud Roadmap”. It’s part of the new O’Reilly Media live online training series and is delivered as part of their Safari program. The first time the course will be given is 10:00am PT on May 1, 2018.
Here is the course description:
Building a Cloud Roadmap
Planning for a successful and efficient cloud migration
Join expert Lee Atchison to learn best practices for and key challenges you may face when moving a modern software application to the cloud. Lee explains what systemic changes are needed in your company culture to support running in the cloud and walks you through modern software development processes that will help ensure your migration is a success. You’ll discover how to improve visibility into the inner workings of your application to speed up the migration process and learn risk management techniques to optimize your migration success.
What you’ll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- What problems commonly occur during a cloud migration
- How to use a cloud migration as part of an overall application modernization strategy
- Dynamic application techniques that will improve your ability to leverage the cloud
And you’ll be able to:
- Identify key performance metrics to help determine when a migration has been completed successfully
- Build a high-level plan for effectively migrating your application to the cloud
- Use modern application monitoring tools to improve visibility into your application migration
This training course is for you because…
- You’re an IT manager or director who is responsible for moving key applications in your organization to the cloud.
- You team has struggled with previous cloud migrations, and you need to improve your results in your next migration.
- Your organization is looking to modernize a mission-critical application, and you’ve been tasked with using the cloud as part of this process.
- Experience managing a software development or IT operations team or organization
- A general understanding of modern software development practices (DevOps, continuous deployment, QA-less testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with 12-factor applications and running applications in the AWS cloud
- A basic understanding of dynamic application principles (useful but not required)
- Experience building service- or microservice-based applications (useful but not required)
For more information or to register, click here:
Hurry, there are a limited number of spots available, and registration closes on April 30th at 3pm PT. If you can’t attend this session, there will be another one on June 21st. If the course is popular enough, I’m sure I will give it with O’Reilly at future dates as well. I would love to do a time/date that better works for EMEA and APAC audiences.