It’s now available! The second edition of my book, Architecting for Scale, is now available for purchase!
The e-book version and the Safari online versions are immediately available. The paperback version will be shipping on March 17th.
This edition is greatly updated from the first edition. It has expanded content on the cloud, microservices, and serverless computing. It’s also been completely reorganized and updated.
Here is the description from the book:
Every day, companies struggle to scale critical applications. As traffic volume and data demands increase, these applications become more complicated and brittle, exposing risks and compromising availability. With the popularity of software as a service, scaling has never been more important.
Updated with an expanded focus on modern architecture paradigms such as microservices and cloud computing, this practical guide provides techniques for building systems that can handle huge quantities of traffic, data, and demand—without affecting the quality your customers expect. Architects, managers, and directors in engineering and operations organizations will learn how to build applications at scale that run more smoothly and reliably to meet the needs of customers.
- Learn how scaling affects the availability of your services, why that matters, and how to improve it
- Dive into a modern service-based application architecture that ensures high availability and reduces the effects of service failures
- Explore the Single Team Owned Service Architecture paradigm (STOSA)—a model for scaling your development organization in tandem with your application
- Understand, measure, and mitigate risk in your systems
- Use the cloud to build highly scalable applications