Episode #7 – The Great Serverless Debate, Redux – Part 1
July 9th, 2018 was the launch of a podcast episode from the “Modern Software Podcast”, a podcast sponsored by New Relic, and hosted by New Relic’s Fredric Paul and Tori Wieldt. This particular episode was titled “The Great Serverless Debate”. It was a debate between myself, and a good friend of mine, Clay Smith. Clay and I were guests on the show.
That episode was a huge success, and I still get asked questions about it today. It seemed to me that it was time for an update of that debate…a redux if you will. Since New Relic’s Modern Software Podcast isn’t active right now, I thought I would take on the challenge myself and host a redo of the great debate — based on what we know about serverless in 2020. So, on February 21, 2020, Clay and I got together for an update to our views on the world of serverless.
This is The Great Serverless Debate, Redux.
The following are links mentioned in this episode, and links to related information:
- Modern Digital Applications Website (https://mdacast.com)
- Lee Atchison Articles and Presentations (https://leeatchison.com)
- Architecting for Scale, published by O’Reilly Media (https://architectingforscale.com)
- The Great Serverless Debate (https://leeatchison.com/2018/07/11/the-great-serverless-debate/)
- Clay Smith - Twitter (https://twitter.com/smithclay)
- Clay Smith - LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/smithclay/)
- Clay Smith’s Monitoring Monitoring Newsletter (https://monitoring2.substack.com/)
- Modern Software Podcast - Fredric Paul @TheFreditor (https://twitter.com/TheFreditor)
- Modern Software Podcast - Tori Wieldt @ToriWieldt (https://twitter.com/ToriWieldt)