Planning for a successful and efficient cloud migration
Join cloud expert Lee Atchison to learn best practices and understand key challenges you may face when moving a modern software application to the cloud. Lee explains what systemic changes are needed in your company culture to support running in the cloud and walks you through modern software development processes that will help ensure your migration is a success. You’ll discover how to improve visibility into the inner workings of your application to speed up the migration process and learn risk management techniques to optimize your migration success.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- What problems commonly occur during a cloud migration
- How to use a cloud migration as part of an overall application modernization strategy
- Dynamic application techniques that will improve your ability to leverage the cloud
And you’ll be able to:
- Identify key performance metrics to help determine when a migration has been completed successfully
- Build a high-level plan for effectively migrating your application to the cloud
- Use modern application monitoring tools to improve visibility into your application migration
This training course is for you because...
- You’re an IT manager or director who is responsible for moving key applications in your organization to the cloud.
- You team has struggled with previous cloud migrations, and you need to improve your results in your next migration.
- Your organization is looking to modernize a mission-critical application, and you’ve been tasked with using the cloud as part of this process.
- Experience managing a software development or IT operations team or organization
- A general understanding of modern software development practices (DevOps, continuous deployment, QA-less testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with 12-factor applications and running applications in the AWS cloud
- A basic understanding of dynamic application principles (useful but not required)
- Experience building service- or microservice-based applications (useful but not required)
Video Sample of Course
The following video is a sample of the material that is presented in this course.
Attending the Course
This course is presented exclusively online as part of O’Reilly Media’s Safari subscription. Take a look in the “Upcoming Sessions” box for dates and times.
Downloadable Course Material
The course makes use of several downloadable files. These files are available to you within the course. But if you want to preview them before you take the course, or if you want to download them after the course is complete, the files are available here:
- Reference Material. This file contains a list of articles, posts, and books I recommend reading. They provide supporting material to the course.
- Slides. This file contains a PDF version of the slides presented in the course.
Determine KPIs Worksheet. This file contains the worksheet used in the course to help you determine KPIs for your migration.
- High Level Migration Plan Worksheet. This file contains the worksheet used to assist you after the course in building your high level migration plan.
Stay tuned for more upcoming sessions. As they are scheduled, they will be listed here.
If you took a course from me previously, you may view the video online as part of your Safari subscription:
- Sept 19, 2019
- Jun 24, 2019
- Mar 6, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019 Cancelled
- Oct 30, 2018
- Aug 20, 2018 Optimized for EMEA timezones
- Jun 21, 2018
- May 1, 2018 Initial offering.