Microservices architecture offers IT organizations myriad benefits and advantages over traditional monolithic application development, but even in the realm of microservices, building and operating an application at scale can be daunting. At its best, failure to build for scale can be frustrating; at worst, it can cause entire projects—even whole companies—to fail.
In this substantive online course, Lee Atchison will introduce you to the concept of microservices risk management and teach you how to build, maintain, and operate a large and complex application at scale. The course is designed for application planners and architects, even those without coding or code development experience.
You will learn:
- How to build and maintain high-availability applications at scale
- How to measure risk and the importance of doing so
- What a risk matrix is and how to create one for your project
- Effective risk mitigation strategies
- Risk and availability: service tiers, service-level agreements (SLAs), and building systems with reduced risk